I know it’s not the weekend and you definitely don’t have time to put together something this elaborate, however, the weekend is near (well not really, but we can dream), so maybe you can plan to invite a few friends over this Sunday and have a beautiful breakfast.
In honour of Pancake Day tomorrow, I thought why not up the ante when it comes to pancakes and do something really fun. I honestly had so much fun planning the board, let alone actually putting it together and shooting it. I’m going to let the photos in this post speak for themselves, coz I think that’s the only way to fully show how much fun it is. I’ve explained a little bit here and there though.
If you really want to get into doing this, I would recommend really getting into the little details like the flowers, the bowls you use, your tablecloth or even the little umbrellas in the glasses.
99% of the board, is just finding the right ingredients and condiments and putting them together, literally. The remaining 1% is the actual pancakes.
To actually set up the board, I used three different planks of wood which I arranged in this asymmetric manner. I split the boards into fruits, pancakes and its condiments, and other breakfast foods.
When it came to choosing fruits, I picked stuff not only that looked pretty but also would go well with the rest of the meal. Some apple, strawberries, pineapple, and black and green grapes.
Moving onto breakfast foods, I kept things super simple. I made a pan full of scrambled eggs but also had some soft boiled eggs for those interested. Obviously some butter, toast and cheese. And to top it all off crispy bacon.
As for the star of the board, the pancakes, I used my recipe from a couple of years ago, which you can find here. However… if you’re feeling lazy, and not in the mood to make the pancakes from scratch, you can always cheat and use the boxed mix (I tend to do that every once in a while, Betty Crocker’s mix is the best).
The condiments that go with the pancakes are all just for window dressing in my opinion. I love my pancakes simple, just some melted butter and honey. However, for those who love going all out, I set out some Nutella and sprinkles as well. I even decided to add that extra element of cuteness and make these adorable bite-sized pancakes.
Orange juice and tea are the perfect accompaniments to such a delicious breakfast. You could, however, adult it up, and make some mimosas or bellinis to be that extra bit fancy.